7 Simple Rules for the Newbie Internet Business Entrepreneur
Internet business, online marketing or internet marketing or whatever name they call it means the same thing.
The good things about online business is that through it quite a number of people have left their Just Over Broke they called “JOB”. While some on the other hand have done it as well and got their hands, efforts, and money burnt in the process. I am not trying to scare you away from this online business gem, I only want to let you know that if you really want to succeed as an online marketer. There are some things you need to be aware of, to guide against losing your money and efforts in the process.
For the newbie Internet business entrepreneur, I have packaged for you the 7 most powerful unwritten rules of online business that may well prevent you from ‘skidding into the ditch’. Make a point of duty to read them as often as possible so that you’ll be able to learn them by heart. By doing this always, it will keep you remained focus on the road ahead to know exactly what to look out for to be successful while doing it!
- When considering one of the importance attributed to the creating and building of an online business. It is simply as if your business is open to your customers 24/7 and this gives you an added advantage to work as long as you want. Remember, an online business is not for lazy people. As such, many of our regular duties can be run on auto-pilot leaving us with more time for family, social and leisure activities. This situation offers a less stressful working environment, and to a certain extent we are in control of your own rewards. However, it is important to remember that there are few ‘Get-Rich-Quick’ schemes on the Internet. Look upon it in much the same way as you would if you were creating an offline business, which, in order to be successful. You have to be ready to put in a lot of commitment, dedication, perseverance as well as a positive attitude right from the start. And you’ll have to know that YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE SEEN REWARDS IMMEDIATELY YOU START. Just see it as a business BECAUSE IT IS A BUSINESS.
- Whilst it is important to have your mindset focused on a full-time successful online business, it is equally highly important for you, especially as you are starting out your Internet business career, to try out a few programs in your spare time. This is important because the learning curve of online business in most cases is high. Get the feel of the Internet marketing arena and at the same time learn a little about HTML, Scripts, creating attractive images and even building your first website! This can all be achieved as a ‘spare time’ activity. Don’t sack your boss till you have the confidence in your complete ability to earn regular income. There may be a lot to learn but, trust me, if you’re focused, it will be worth the effort.
- If you really want to succeed as an internet marketer there are some things you need to stay away from. One of such is that, YOU NEVER.. get involved in ‘get paid to read email’ sites, they are scams and you won’t get a penny from them. And, after you might have wasted quality time you would have used to develop your own business if you call them, they will not answer your emails of complaint! The same goes for MLM too, or in fact any website telling you that your money will be doubled or trebled in a matter of days, or you will become rich overnight, are in most cases scams. Try as much as possible to avoid them!! It’s not difficult to find bona fide traders on the Internet. Look for offline contact points. An address or telephone number is a good sign they are genuine. Another good test is to send them an email before you sign up to see how efficiently they reply. Avoid the ‘Get-Rich-Quick’ schemes. They don’t ALWAYS work!
- Think positive and stay focused at all times. If you were to take a close look at all the successful Internet marketers, who have made a great deal of money from their endeavours, you would find they have one thing in common! And, that is Dedication, commitment and are always hard working! Because that is what online business involves. It really is not for lazy people because it is a business and if you see it as a business, you will not just create it and think you’ll reap what you don’t sow. The internet marketers are always ready and prepared to work hard and long enough to achieve their goals. They do not lose heart if everything doesn’t come together as planned today, and they are rarely influenced by the ‘quick buck’. I cannot stress this point often enough to you…
- One other important to take note of is that you’ll have to be organised! This will keep you informed about your activities to know what you have done and what are you planning to do next. You will have to keep all your business activities logged and documents filed in the correct folders. Check your email accounts at least daily and file the important ones. Don’t be frightened to name a file or folder with a long name (within reason). You should be able to access any file, folder, software or email within 30 seconds. So much time can be saved with a tidy desktop!
- Internet or online business has ethics that you’ll have to abide by if you want to be successful in it, and it is your duty to stick to these basic etiquettes of Internet Marketing. Don’t be tempted to send out high volume unsolicited email (spam). It won’t be worth the hassle believe me! Read the Terms and conditions section of any website, programme or event when you are thinking of joining such a website, program or event. And, once you joined then adhere strictly to those terms and conditions. There are so many opportunity for you to have subscribers on your website and you can make use of the contacts during your Internet campaigns. Try not to ‘stand on toes’
- Avoid leaving large amounts of funding in any online marketing or promotion website! Most websites have a strict policy on spamming and if you are ever accused (rightly or wrongly) of sending unsolicited emails, you are likely to have your account closed, which could result in you losing your funding too!
Read Also: Online Business Mastery Guide Jumbo Pack
I am going stop here on this discussion of what you can and can’t do to make your online business a success. But believe me! This is not a set of rules… it’s more or less a collection of simple guidelines which, if applied to your online business, will serve to make your Internet Marketing experience a safer and more enjoyable journey!